JohaWeber

AD - Import of .eps always uses CMYK-Mode

Hey there,

so when importing or opening an EPS-file which was exported with RGB as color-format into Affinity Designer, it will always be handled as CMYK-File and therefore the colors are changing drastically. In Illustrator, the same file is opened with the correct colors and in correct color format (RGB).

Do I miss a Default-/Import-/Color-Setting here?

When opening the same file in Illustrator and then exporting it with the option for "Include CMYK-PostScript in RGB-Files" checked, the file opens correctly colored in Affinity Designer. The chosen PostScript-Level (2 or 3) on export did NOT made any difference to this behaviour, only the previously described checked option!

As I want to ditch Illustrator and I have a huge amount of assets (bought online, not build by me) which behave like this, it's not an option to open up every file and export them once more. As Illustrator is able to open them up the correct way, I assume that this is an error/bug of Affinity Designer and does not occur due to a corrupt file.

I attached a screenshot of the same file opened in AI and AD and a PNG with the intended colors.

Greetings, Johannes

(I hate to say the name of the competitive software this often in this forum...*sigh*)

post-41137-0-41008600-1489748014_thumb.png

post-41137-0-41905800-1489748016_thumb.png

post-41137-0-39121600-1489748019_thumb.png

Hey again!

Just downloaded the Customer Beta and the problem on 1.5.3.62 still persists. Now the question: Log this in this thread or head over to the Beta Support Forum?

Greetings, Johannes

Hey Johannes,

I think this issue simply didn't make it into the recent build 62 due to the time we found out about it. You don't need to worry about reporting it again as I'll update the bug report. This affects Mac too so the Mac team would need to address this before making it to a Windows fix. 

Hi everybody.

This happens in Affinity Photo v1.5.2, El Capitan v10.11.6, late 2011 17" MacBook Pro, 16GB Ram.

I prepared an RGB eps file generated from an InDesign document using only RGB colors. I open in AP, it converts to CMYK.  I "place" in AP in an RGB file, it converts to CMYK while still remaining an RGB color space document. When I try the same in Photoshop CS5, it works as expected, retaining RGB colors.

https://www.behance.net/jimmyrodriguez

Late 2011, 17" MacBook Pro (MacBookPro8,3), MacOS 10.11.6 El Capitan
2.5 GHz Quad Core Intel Core i7
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
AMD Radeon HD 6770 1024 MB (2 GPU repairs separated by 12 months! OEM died Summer 2017)