You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Textures brushes and blend modes (Video_

dead-awakening-title-.jpg

In this video I will take a moment to explain how to use textures brushes and bending modes to dirty up your vector art. I will be demonstration all this while creating a HD title screen for a fictional tv or movie title screen design.

click here to view the tutorial video

Thanks for watching.

• 1 month later...

nice video sensei,, I'm new here and also new on designing just learn it by my self with watching video like this and i found your tutorial is the best,, you teach me a lot,, thank you,, and i want to ask you something how to add font on affinity i see you have a lot of fonts!
thanks before and sorry for my bad english,,

nice video sensei,, I'm new here and also new on designing just learn it by my self with watching video like this and i found your tutorial is the best,, you teach me a lot,, thank you,, and i want to ask you something how to add font on affinity i see you have a lot of fonts!

thanks before and sorry for my bad english,,

Thank you TopanAlparoqi for your very nice words. Don't worry about your english, its is very good and I am not here to judge you any way lol. As for fonts you can buy them or you can download them from various websites like Dafont.com Just make sure you read the license agreements that come with the fonts that you download online.

to  install fonts. Just search for Font Book on your computer.

and follow the directions to instal the fonts onto your system.

Here some more info font in the help file of font book manager  that comes with the OSX 10.xx : 

When you use Font Book to install fonts on your Mac, the fonts are listed in some apps (such as TextEdit) and in the Fonts window.

Open Font Book

Hide

Set where to install fonts

By default, Font Book installs fonts in the Fonts folder in your home Library (~/Library/Fonts/). To show your home Library folder, hold down the Option key, then in the Finder choose Go > Library.

To set a different default installation location, choose Font Book > Preferences.

Hide

Install fonts

Do one of the following:

• In the Finder, double-click a font file, then click Install Font in the dialog that appears.
  • In Font Book, click Add (+) below the list of fonts.

If Font Book detects problems with the font, it opens the Font Validation window.

Validate fonts

Hide

Remove fonts

Fonts you remove are moved to the Trash and aren’t available in Font Book or in the Fonts window.

• In Font Book, select one or more font families or styles.

You can’t remove system fonts; these fonts have a lock icon next to the font name at the bottom of the Font Book window.

• Choose File > Remove.

You may need to enter an administrator name and password.