You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to place an image in desired, skewed location

Hi, 

I work in print shop, most of my work is done in CorelX7. From time to time I do some work in PS.

Recently I found out about AP and AD, and decided to buy AD. Now I try to switch from Corel to AD, but it is a pain. I saw in the video promo, that there is a way to edit flag image in one place, and see changes being made in 3D-like perspective (I'm talking about shoe box creation and yellow skyscraper wall painting). So today one of our client ordered 1k pcs of foil stickers, and he wanted them to be placed onto pizza-box type of thing. I thouth to myself - this is a job for my new AD app. And I tried, for 15mins and I failed. Than I spent another hour and half trying to find out another video tutorial, and I ended up doing it in Corel, using "Envelope" tool, which gives shit results, but it was accepted by the client and it passed for production. My workflow in Corel is flawless, but sometimes I see that clients want not only simple, vector based projects, but more and more of them usually coming from "web" oriented bussineses, they don't understand (and I don't blame them) and they want their logos with fine, pixel pased effects like can be made in PS. This is why I was so hyped about AD (personas)... Was it a misteake?

I've read about embedded artbords and files. I would like to find easy solution to make somthing like those two things I mentioned before - shoebox creation and wall paiting:

screenshot_21.png

screenshot_21.png

Unfortunately, that part of the demo used both Affinity Designer & Affinity Photo. See Patrick Conner's reply here & several other posts in that discussion for more about that.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

What? But it was a AD advertisement. Was it false? The name of the windows shown on the video are "Affinity Designer" there's not even for one second - window with Affinity Photo name on it shown.... This was major thing that pushed me into buying this software, as making mockups is 30% of my time, prepairng projects to visualise them and make decision making on the other side easier...

Last post in above mentioned topic, about promo video, states :

don't know what you are missing but it would not work anyway cause from the beginning of 1.5 beta, till the MAS release, till the recent beta, the filter crashes Affinity Photo and designer upon resizing destination area after matching the source points, so I really wonder how they actually created their promo video 

So not only it was a false advertised, but also it's not possible to repeat. So what should I do now?

Edited by mrqasq