sorin.jurcut

[AD] Brush Path is very jagged.

Hi Guys,

Looked over the forum to see if there was a report for something similar. I came across this while trying out some brushes in AD. I'm sure it's not the driver or the tablet, but I'm not sure if this issue is limited to only the pixel persona of AD or extends over to AP as well, you'll have to see.

For evidence, please see one of my examples attached.

The issue is that the brushstroke path looks like it's been composed out of polygons instead of a smooth freehand curve.

post-38301-0-05958200-1489528220_thumb.jpg

post-38301-0-76298500-1489528230_thumb.jpg

UI and UX designer extraordinaire, dad, avid Destiny player, and generally striving for decency.

No worries. Around Easter, there will be a new smoothing option, Brush Stabilization.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

That doesn't entirely fix the issue, especially for sketching. That stabilization is good for inking and illustration. IDK, it's good, but the polygon look still needs to be adressed IMO

UI and UX designer extraordinaire, dad, avid Destiny player, and generally striving for decency.

From your second screenshot, I understand that the red marks the different bumps in your brush strokes. That feature I linked you to is meant to improve both the vector and pixel brush tools; not just vector. Just like LazyNezumi and other stabilization tools, it should add more smoothness to brush strokes so they don't look polygonal or lumpy.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

From your second screenshot, I understand that the red marks the different bumps in your brush strokes. That feature I linked you to is meant to improve both the vector and pixel brush tools; not just vector. Just like LazyNezumi and other stabilization tools, it should add more smoothness to brush strokes so they don't look polygonal or lumpy.

Would be nice to get features from Lazy Nezumi like parlell lines and projection. that would really rock my boat ! I was extremly disappointed to have lost the possibility to work with Lazy Nezumi once I ditched Windows and went for mac, so having similar features right out of the box would be super awesome. Not to mention it would attract lots of budding or seasoned concept artists to Affinity Designer/Photo.

I was never sure about everything LazyNezumi could do actually. When I was a Windows user, I just used it for the smoothing features. And man, did it come in handy.

I was never sure about everything LazyNezumi could do actually. When I was a Windows user, I just used it for the smoothing features. And man, did it come in handy.

I used the living daylights out of it. Doing perfect circles or projection was awesome ! I miss that so sorely !