You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I'd also would love to see a more advanced raw batch processor and even a whole digital asset management software from serif.

I'm working in visuell effect and tell everybody working in that field that AP is the best way for creating Matte Paintings (32bit &  ACES workflow!). But I'd also love to tell my collogues that AP is also the best tool for processing raw files directly into ACES, look through your library of images, sort/label them and so on. 😉

Please guys, make it happen!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I really, really do want to move to Affinity Photo full time, but the lack of a batch processing facility (in the way users of Adobe products or C1Pro understand the term) is a truly baffling omission. No professional photographer is going to use the program for work. I upgraded today from 1.7, and was hoping to see that this had been implemented, but I see that it has not. 

Not complaining here, but voicing a preference and a need. I bought the program because I am no fan of subscription models but will only use AF from time to time, while other programs will have to do the heavy lifting. 

Already moved on to LrC and PS. When something just works it’s hard to bypass it. I tried going out of my way, but Affinity doesn’t seem to care. They implement other ‘fixes’ and ‘improvements’ with their updates, but omit this...

Edited by bgalakazam

• 4 weeks later...

Every so often I update Affinity and check to see if the raw processor problems have been fixed.

Especially....  processing multiple raw files at once

.... and applying Fuji Film profiles  both automatically and by selection.

These are features I use every single time I use Photoshop raw processor,  so is a deal breaker for me, with Affinity for now.

What is worse is that No one appears to be listening, and certainly not having the curtesy to let us know, If or When, we can expect these essential features to appear.

The other factor that is of great interest is a DAM Library Persona, as if I were to leave Adobe I would need a library to replace the one in lightroom, and one able to pick up an use the database used by them as some others can do.

I expect all these things will happen one day, but till then Affinity is not actually usable, except to play with.

The rest of the Program set is usable now, it would seem that now is the time to prioritise these failings, so as to allow it to be a fully functioning professional program.

33 minutes ago, TerryWoodenpi said:

and applying Fuji Film profiles  both automatically and by selection.

Not sure what problem you have with the current processing in that area?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

On 3/30/2021 at 4:18 PM, rckc said:

Affinity lacks batch raw editing,
but you can integrate open source options into your workflow,
like RawTherapee.
 https://rawtherapee.com/

You don't need Adobe, you can build your own creative suite by using Affinity with RawTherapee and other open source programs.

that is like starters in one restaurant main course in another and sweet in yet another.

I do not want free I want better.

On 3/30/2021 at 4:28 PM, walt.farrell said:

Not sure what problem you have with the current processing in that area?

It reads lens data fine

It does not read Fuji film simulations like adobe.

• 1 month later...
On 3/19/2017 at 4:56 PM, MEB said:

Hi cisco, finara,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Photo is more comparable to Adobe Photoshop + Camera RAW than Lightroom in the sense that it doesn't manage libraries neither let you apply the settings you have used in one image to multiple images simultaneously (directly). It does have Batch job functionality but the macros you can apply there are created in Photo Persona (not it Develop Persona where RAW's are converted/developed by the user) and imply that the RAW was automatically processed without user interference. It's not really a direct substitute for Lightroom.

But at least can you tell us if this functionality will be developed any time soon, I mean, is this something we can hope for? I'm also interested in being able to process multiple RAW files at once!

Thank you very much

As a photographer who likes to do 360/180 VR pans and Very often fuses three shots for each image, this can result in 4 around plus Nadir and zenith all X3, giving a total of 18 raw shots, that must be processed identically. The processor in Affinity is totally unable to cope in this situation.

Even for normal shooting, where I may come back with a hundred or so images. My normal procedure in Photoshop raw, is to make all the changes that affect them all, by synchronising them and making such global changes as necessary. Then go thought them in groups that need the same changes, and synchronise those. Then finally go through them all again and make individual corrections. This might seem complex but it is something that I can do quickly and easily in PS raw.

It is not possible at all in Affinity.

If Affinity wants to make inroads in to Photoshop, and win away users, it needs to have a raw processor with an equal ability. And like Photoshop it does not need to be fully integrated, provided it is easy to exit into affinity from.

HI just putting out there on this thread, I also would love to see a lightroom replacement by Affinity
(that can also incorporate level and ramp editing and deflicker for timelapse like lr timelapse)

love affinity suite so far and looking forward to more great software from you.

2 hours ago, jhurrix said:

HI just putting out there on this thread, I also would love to see a lightroom replacement by Affinity
(that can also incorporate level and ramp editing and deflicker for timelapse like lr timelapse)

love affinity suite so far and looking forward to more great software from you.

Welcome to the forums,

This is the wrong place to post feature or product requests. Serif has a section for that.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/55-feedback-for-affinity-photo-on-desktop/

Also the request has been made numerous times.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Lightroom+replacement+site%3Aforum.affinity.serif.com&t=ffab&ia=web

Affinity Photo 2.4..; Affinity Designer 2.4..; Affinity Publisher 2.4..; Affinity2 Beta versions. Affinity Photo,Designer 1.10.6.1605 Win10 Home Version:21H2, Build: 19044.1766: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-5820K CPU @ 3.30GHz, 3301 Mhz, 6 Core(s), 12 Logical Processor(s);32GB Ram, Nvidia GTX 3070, 3-Internal HDD (1 Crucial MX5000 1TB, 1-Crucial MX5000 500GB, 1-WD 1 TB), 4 External HDD