You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Smooth tool in Affinity Designer and missing pattern overlay layer in Affinity Photo

Hello,

I am a graphic and web designer using Mac, and I was looking for alternatives to Adobe CC.

After doing some research, I purchased Affinity Designer early this year and recently downloaded Affinity Photo, but I decided to stick to Adobe. I want to tell you why because I like Affinity apps overall and am still hoping to move to Affinity one day. 

I found Affinity Designer has good features such as better process on exporting slices, fonts organized by my groups, and a media browser integrated with iPhoto (I like this integration a lot). I’m not a big fan of the process of making an own brush, though.

My overall experience was good until I realized there was no smooth tool.  I often make hand-drawings on iPad app and convert them into vector graphics, and the smooth tool is crucial to have.

About Affinity Photo, the lack of pattern overlay layer just makes me not go for it. Everything else so far seems good to me, though.

Adobe cloud library and syncing with Typekit are nice and useful but I can live without them if I have to.

So, the only reasons I will still stick to Adobe for now are those two: missing smooth tool in Affinity Designer and missing pattern overlay layer in Affinity Photo. 

I really hope you consider adding these features sometime in the future.

Thank you!