Hi,

I have encountered an overlapping problem with Patch tool selection.

When I am selecting with that tool and I do come over the already selected area crossing it twice it does deselect that area - quite strange feature :( It does it surprisingly also in ADD mode....

Thanks

Jindra

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

Professional Photographer based in Prague

Affinity Photo user - cur.ver. 1.7.1.404 @ Win 10

Hi Jindra

I'm able to replicate what you are describing here although I don't think it is an actual bug. This is common working across a number of apps when making a selection and going back over itself before the mouse button is released. This allso you to accurately select complex shapes The add function in itself does work, however as you are able to add to the selection once it has been initially drawn.

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Thank you for your replies.

If Chris_K thinks it is OK, then I do believe you.

For me it is a strange feature, however it is not a scenario I would come across often ;)  It is more like I was "nervous" and I was oscillating nervously about the place. While doing that I have found out that some spaces are not being added eventhough inside the area..... (no matter New or Add mode) that is more the case, not a usual scenario. If you have found it is not a bug, then OK ;)  I will keep doing patching properly - not nervously - and maybe one day I'll find that the feature is useful maybe even for me ;)

Jindra

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

The requested printscreen example.... ;)

post-34283-0-27232300-1490270902_thumb.jpg

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz