You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Canon G7X Mark II lens correction - profile of G7X?

Hi,

I'm looking for a solution the whole morning, but didn't find anything.

Is there any chance to copy the lens-profile of the Canon G7X to the Canon G7X Mark II until there is a profile that works properly or until the camera is in the lensfun-list?

This idea works in Darktable perfectly, where I can manually switch to the lens profile of the G7X, but I didn't find a solution for Affinity Photo.

Maybe someone has a solution and could help me out.

Take care

Philipp

• Staff

Hi Phillipp,

Welcome to the forums.

The lens correction is automatic based on the lensfun library we have. You can turn the lens correction off in the Develop personas assistant, and apply a manual adjustment. Hopefully the Canon G7X MK2 will be added before we next update the library.

Hi Lee,

I know about the lensfun library and I worked with the manual adjustments, but it is a little bit annoying and doesn't get me to a proper solution. I still have waves in straight lines, so maybe it is a problem in my workflow.

As I described before in Darktable it isn't a problem, the difference is, or my problem now is, Affinity Photo isn't free and it doesn't work, Darktable is opensource and it works.

I know, Affinity Photo is a great peace of software and you are working hard on it, but it isn't useful for me at the moment, if it doesn't work properly with my camera or it's lens...?!

So, what I meant, the profile for the G7X is nearly the same as the of the G7X Mark II, I wanted to know, if there is a way to create and copy the profile of the G7X to that of the G7X Mark II to work with until the profile is added to the lensfun-list.

• Staff

Hi Phillipp,

There's no way for the Canon G7 X profile to be copied and applied to the Canon G7 X MK2 within the app. Using the manual adjustments, you could save a preset, but this would have to be selected on the Lens panel after opening the image. 

• 10 months later...