You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Using the texttool often crashed Affinity Designer

• Staff

Hi Heinrich,

Which operative system are you using - Windows or Mac? Are you referring to simple text objects or do they have FX, filters or anything else nested?

Is this happening with several files or just with one? If it's with a specific file can you attach it here so we can take a look?

• 1 month later...

Hi, sorry it took so long to reply.

I'm using OS X EL Capitan 13-inch Retina early 2015 2,9GHz Intel i5 8GB Ram.

It seems to happen with all my files, very random. Sometimes I can just work but often even just starting to edit text starts lagging the software.
Even to the point where I just have to wait 10+ seconds for the text to become edited / selected / editable / ...
The text can be in a Text Frame of just on its own, with or without FX. 

And with editing, I mean just the contents of the text, not the color of font, that's all fine but typing / selecting / editing even switching from the type to the select tool while editing text just makes Designer lag and sometimes even crash.

Also it's not related to the font the text it's in, I tried it and regardless of font the same issue continues.