You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Best color options for logo design and print design

Hello, I'm admittedly a relative beginner at graphic design and I only have significant experience using DrawPlus.  I mostly design logos, then print documents like flyers, then banners for web pages.  My big question here is regarding logo design.  When I send files to clients, I normally send JPGs and PNGs, both full res. and optimized for web display, and I also send PDFs for printing and usually a source file like an EPS, SVG and now with AD I MIGHT also send a PSD.  If they want an AI file, I just rename a PDF.

So here's the big question.  With AD there are many document setup color options and I'm not really familiar with any of them, other than choosing between designing in the RGB or CMYK color space.  If I have to choose one color Format and one color Profile in the document setup, as in the screenshot, that will give me the optimal results for my clients, what two choices should I make?  I think I understand that maybe this is a BIG, loaded question and there are likely to be many opinions.  PLEASE let me have yours.  Thank you!

post-32198-0-13156500-1489390615_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Hi Harster13,

I'd stick to the default colour profiles for RGB (sRGB 2.1) and CMYK (U.S. Web Coated SWOP v2) for most of your work. Unless your client or printer has any particular requirements, in that case they may supply you with a colour profile to use.

CMYK (U.S. Web Coated SWOP v2) for most of your work. Unless your client or printer has any particular requirements, in that case they may supply you with a colour profile to use.

SWOP works in the U.S., I you are located elsewhere it may be something else. Europe, it is FOGRA39.