You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Fixed] Designer - Left Studio always visible after TAB key - disable-ble?

Hi.

Since I don't need the Left Studio for my current work, but like to hide the Right Studio using the TAB key every now an then, the Left Studio keeps appearing again and I have to disable it via my own keyboard shortcut.

I could assign the Right Studio to another shortcut and use that, but the TAB key is quite easy.

Is there a workaround?

Addendum: And when I use the current method (TAB for hiding the Right Studio (the Left Studio is invisible) then TAB for unhiding it, and then pressing the keyboard shortcut for show/hide Left Studio) the content I am working on de-centers to the left, making me to grab it and move it to the right again.

Can be a pain.

PS: The keyboard shortcut preferences should be searchable.

PPS: I did not recognise the topic's behaviour due to AD crashing quite often. And crashing made it obvious, that the keyboard preferences do not get saved, unless the application is quit voluntarily. And since AD crashes at least once an hour, I did not quit it voluntarily.

I don't use a Left Studio in Affinity Designer but I do in Affinity Photo & I have noticed (& reported as a bug) more or less the same thing: the Left Studio always reappears after Tabbing or starting the app -- it is not "sticky" like the other Studio settings. I don't have any crashing issues but I do see the de-centering issue, although I don't find that particularly annoying.

Regarding finding things in the keyboard shortcut preferences, you may not have noticed that everything on the menus is ordered in the same way in the preferences, so for example since Show Left Studio is in the View menu > Studio submenu, in preferences setting the second popup to "View" will list "Studio>Show Left Studio" just below "Show Rulers."

Not as good as real search function but it does make things a lot easier to find.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi konsortium12,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your report. I will check if we already have this logged.

Meanwhile do the following: drag the panels you have on the Left Studio out of the studio and close them. This will disable the Left Studio panel preventing it from appearing again even after pressing TAB.

[EDIT] Issue logged.

Hi konsortium12,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Thanks for your report. I will check if we already have this logged.

Meanwhile do the following: drag the panels you have on the Left Studio out of the studio and close them. This will disable the Left Studio panel preventing it from appearing again even after pressing TAB.

[EDIT] Issue logged.

Thanks for the reply. I will try that. And it worked. Should have thought of that.

As to the keyboard preferences not saving until the application closes voluntarily, is that a logged issue or should I make a separate thread about that?