pixel-girl

AP – Layers as a global clone sources: Always stretched! :-(

It’s a bug or simple my blindness / error in reasoning?  :rolleyes: Here is a very, very simple example but the method in my complex composing-artworks with a lot of source-flies should be the same.

- There are two documents: „source“ and „destination“
- Both have the same size (300 x 300px, 300dpi) and 3 layers: „grey“, „blue“ and „orange“
- In the source-file has the content of layers different sizes: The square with border in the „grey“ is exactly 300 x 300 pixels, „blue“ shows only a part of a bigger circle and „orange“ shows a little (100 x 100px) square. See here. The source-file, „blue“ is selected:

post-45179-0-14758100-1489316299_thumb.png

Working with sources panel and clone brush I see already after a double-click (to determine the clone-area) the stretched content

post-45179-0-86624200-1489316817_thumb.png

... and have in the destination-file an effect like this in the attached destination.png: Only „grey“ stay 1:1. Blue has shrunk and orange has greatly increased:

post-45179-0-64905400-1489316272_thumb.png

How and where can I change this settings?
How can I prevent this stretching or where is my error?
How can I clone pixels between files?

•••••• A workaround with select an area of a specific layer, copy & paste between files and erase is of course possible but not really funny :P ... and of course not as efficient as cloning of multiple image sources!

••• MacBook Pro | El Captain 10.11.6 |
••• Affinity Photo 1.6.6 | Affinity Designer 1.6.0
••• English 0.0.2 (Beta) | … I'm sorry!

Hi pixel-girl

I looks like the clone source is resizing itself to encompass the entire area of the document rather than keeping it's original dimesnions. I shall make sure this get passed over to the development team to sort

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

I thank you! :)

••• MacBook Pro | El Captain 10.11.6 |
••• Affinity Photo 1.6.6 | Affinity Designer 1.6.0
••• English 0.0.2 (Beta) | … I'm sorry!