lilmisslondon

Book Cover

Nice work. I have to suppose you are only an AP newb, cause the work is quite subtle and featureful.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

great start every thing looks really good,

But........, what is the glowing object ?  looks like a glowing honey Badger head ; 

Very decent job!

I'd put some more work to the typography and overal layout, though. In my opinion, the labels tend to interfere with the decorative patterns in the corners somehow...

Something like this, maybe..?

post-3178-0-35687100-1489357250_thumb.jpg

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).

Glowing object is a rock. Think moonstone. You're not the first one to see a head of an animal. ;) I don't know how else to get across that it's a rock. It's like the inkblot. It could be just an ink blot but everyone will try to see something in it. :)

Lojza - What did you do on your version? Just move the lines of text? Maybe I'm missing more subtle things/tweaks you did. Thanks!

But yes I'm prime beginner.

Hi lilmisslondon,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Great work. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Lojza also resized some of the text - "Legend of the Liberator, Book One" group and the author's name -, making them smaller to avoid clashing with the decorative patterns on the corners. As it was in the original, the text was to close to them creating some (disruptive) tension. It also centered "Dead brings Life" as all the other cover elements revolve around a vertical symmetrical axis, to help balance the composition.

I really like the style. Well done!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: The Secret of High Quality Art

Lojza - What did you do on your version? Just move the lines of text? Maybe I'm missing more subtle things/tweaks you did. Thanks!

Exactly as MEB said. Thanks!

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).