You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi!
Few weeks ago somehow I "connect" objects (this orange lines on the left side), but I don't know how and when I change one of this "connected objects" others are changing to. Could anyone tell me where can I find the option to do this?

I don't know how to call it so I called it "connecting". 

Thank you in advance for your help :) 

post-36947-0-65786100-1489236623_thumb.png

AD allows one to draw open vector lines. These can various have stroke properties. But if they are joined, the stroke properties of the item lowest in the layer hierarchy are transferred to the rest.

If you want to manipulate several lines by scaling, rotating or moving, they need to be grouped.

If the lines are not straight, and have an implied enclosed area, they may be manipulated w. the boolean operators (add, subtract, etc) but they will then be transformed into closed shapes.

Closed objects can have lines that appear to extend from nodes, but what has to be done is split the shape at a node, separate the nodes stacked on top of one another, and then draw a line out from one, and then a line back to the other. Finally, the 2 split nodes can be placed back on top of each other, so the extending line has no width, but is part of a perimeter.

Hope this helps. 

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

It looks as though you found symbols in Affinity Designer. detective.gif

Ah! I missed the little orange symbol indicators. Thought the question was about connecting objects, not objects connected as symbols.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet