You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

No doubt again something simple, again probably a simple fix, but I've already conceded my infant level AD knowledge - help please.

How do y'all explain the following behavior upon my reducing the image size in AD, on a 3 month old MacBook Pro running AD 1.5? I've attached 4 thumbnails below to help illustrate.

I drag a me-made asset (that stupid black tote bag) onto a photographic image of Bigfoot in an attempt create a crude image of him carrying a black tote bag with a logo on it. Obviously, the scale of the tote is way too large so I begin to reduce it's size. I used both the Transform Panel (W+H) as well as constraining via Shift/Drag. In both cases, the smaller I reduce, the more I see proportional changes in certain layers in the logo (which are grouped). I did NOT have the 'Loch Children' box ticked - would this have bearing on the effect I'm getting?

Most obvious IMO is the change in the curvature around the black 'C'...just saying.

Thanks for any help! (I love playing with this program - can't wait 'til i have a better grasp of it all)

-Christo

post-49603-0-28003400-1489109186_thumb.png

post-49603-0-36531700-1489109201_thumb.png

post-49603-0-10825200-1489109227_thumb.png

post-49603-0-39671900-1489109245_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi Christovw66,

This issue certainly looks odd!

Please could you provide a copy of the file in question so that I may look into this further for you?

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

• Staff

Hi Christovw66,

I can't see any file attached to your post if you go to More Reply options you should find an Attachments button towards the bottom of the page :)

C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Christo, from what I can tell, the problem is the white curve that is the parent of the spindle hole. I believe you used the Corner tool to set its corner radii to 3 mm, so as you scale down the tote2 layer, the white curve maintains as best as it can those 3 mm corner radii, turning it progressively into a more circular shape. (In other words, the radii do not scale.)

One way to fix this is to select it with the Corner tool & click "Bake Corners," which 'bakes' the shape into nodes that will scale proportionally. Perhaps easier, or at least to preserve edibility, would be to use a Rounded Rectangle for that shape.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7