Hi,

I have just encountered, that when I press in Adjustments again eg. Curves while I am already on adjustment layer which is -Curves- and customized, it acts like creating a new adjustment layer therefore reseting the current customizations....

It should rather add another layer above this layer or open the customizations that have already been done. Reseting of customization without request is not a good feature :rolleyes:

Thanks

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

Professional Photographer based in Prague

Affinity Photo user - cur.ver. 1.7.1.404 @ Win 10

I think it may just appear that this has happened. A new layer will have been created and selected but the old one should still be present and retain settings when it is selected.

If that's not the case please provide a screenshot of your layers tab

Thanks

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

Step 1: New Adj. layer Curves created and customization of the curve done:

Step 2: Clicking on the "Curves" again makes the Curves wrap up

Step 3: Clicking on the Curves again (hoping this time new layer will be created....) the current curve is reseted:

I have tried to add PrintScreens (jpg) to the topic, but I have received this notice:

"You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community."

If you can tell me, how to add attachments here, I have them prepared ;)

Thanks

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

Hello Jindra, you are right if you only work in the adjustments with curve (= destructive). If you want to use several curves, you have to add "Level" "New Levels of Gradation Curve" or "Ctrl + M" for WIN.
Greet Dieter

Ps.  But if you make a different adjustment (e.g., HSL) and then curve, then a new customization level is added automatically. For further processing of the already edited curve you have to double-click on the layer.

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

Thanks Dieter for further investigation.

Yes the "Ctrl + M" works fine. Even pressing this one while on the existing Curves Adjustments Layer (AL) it creates a completely new Curve AL above the active layer. Clicking on anything else then Curves (eg. HSL, Levels) makes also a new layer above..... However only this case: being on active Curves AL and clicking again Curves in the Adjustments tab does not add a new Curves AL but only Resets the current active layer with all its customizations - actually technically I do think it just overwrites the already existing active layer with a new one :(

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

If you click on the adustments panel Curves option that does reset it. I would recommend adding an adjustment either by the Layer menu or the layers panel adjustment icon. Think of the adjustments panel as somewhere you can save presets.

Living the Dream since 1964 - about 25 years left

Thank you for caring. However do not worry about me, I know how to add an adjustments layer by other ways :)

The reason why I have reported this as a bug is that this cases reacts differently when you do click eg. Curves followed by adding another AL type eg. HSL and when you follow it by clicking on the same AL type (in this case Curves). This is quite misleading. It should act the same way in all cases or at least act so that the user does not loose the information/settings ;)

But do whatever you want...... I can live with that............

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz

This bug is irritating me again and again..... Is it only me? :wacko:

Why is it not possible to add a new Curves adjustments layer above currently selected Curves Adjustments layer? It always resets the setting I have done :(

Please others, write if you have the same problem with this bug.... I think it is very unprofessional from Serif to leave there such an irritating bug :angry:

Thanks

Jindra

Jindra

www.fotojindra.cz