elcku

View Tool gets stuck very often when pressing Space bar

(EDIT) (I just heard that this might be a feature that i didn't know. Apparently, if you let go from the space bar while still holding mouse on a shape, the view tool will get locked for some reason. This topic might be in the wrong place now, since I don't know how I can delete this.)

Hi! I have an extremely annoying problem with the Designer. My workflow includes a lot of panning around my document using the View tool with my space bar. Designer should reset to the previous tool when I let go the spacebar, right? 
Well, in my case the View tool gets stuck especially when moving shapes using Move tool and panning my document frequently.
This bug came with one of the latest updates, since it wasn't around a while ago. This drives me crazy and my workflow nearly impossible. 

I have this problem in both of my two Macs:
13-inch late 2013 Macbook Pro, 10.11.6 El Capitan 
15-inch mid 2014 Macbook Pro, 10.12.3 Sierra

Using the latest Affinity Designer version 1.5.4.

Thanks for the support, 
- Elias Salonen

I'm getting this problem still using 1.6.6. Has this been fixed yet?

I also do a lot of panning. And also can't seem to pan while keeping the shift key held down to continually draw straight lines.

I'm been having the same problem in Designer for a while now.  Frustrating!!

I found a temporary workaround.  Example:

I have the Move Tool [V] selected and I press the spacebar to quickly use the View Tool [H] and release the spacebar.  Like others here, after releasing the spacebar the "View Tool" hand still shows and it's stuck even though the "Move Tool" is still selected in the tool bar.  To quickly get back to the View Tool, I press the "H" key on keyboard and then press the "V" key.

I have to do this everytime I use the View Tool spacebar shortcut. 

I believe everybody was focused on the iPad app for the last few months (congrats on that!), so here is a quick bump so you don't forget about us.

This bug has been around for almost 2 years and is increasingly annoying to deal with.

I've shared the steps to reproduce it here:

Cheers!