mathz

Affinity Designer does not reopen after account change

I open Designer in win10 in account 1 and switch to account 2 on the same computer without closing Designer. After returning to account 1 Designer is "locked" and won't reopen.

After closing it down the hard way (task manager) I can reopen it, but with a notification of "recovered" files (fortunately)

Hey mathz,

Sorry I'm a little bit confused. You said when you switch back to the 1st account, it won't reopen but then you say you have to close it down. Can you please elaborate for me? I assumed you meant you had minimized it, switched accounts and then attempted to maximize the app, is that the case?

Do both accounts have Administration rights? 

Were you opening the same document from a shared folder?

Cheers.

Hi Chris,

I'm a bit confused to, I can't repeat the problem. So we'll have to wait until it occurs again.

I am however pretty sure that I had minimized it when switching accounts and after returning could not maximize it and had to close down the app via the task manager.

So when it occurs again I will return.

In the mean time keep up the good work, very good software!

Thanks for letting me know mathz.

We did spend some more time trying to get the same result so I'd be very curious to know if you manage to get it to happen again or get more info. Thanks :)