You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

jdgomezc

Hello guys,

I am starting to get more and more familiar with affinity designer , ctually this is the first time I write on a forum , here is some of my work . I would like you to share with me some thoughts on this poster, what can be improve and also for future work what tools you recommend.

on top will be place the logo of the shop which is red and square.

post-48519-0-63155600-1489057834_thumb.jpg

The fonts are not parallel to each other. There might be some room to improve. (see image below)

post-36675-0-06405600-1489062692_thumb.png

You could also adjust the kerning between the letters 'E' and 'S' on 'RIDES. The 'S' stands a bit off.

Other than that: Looking fancy! Good job!

The first word "Joint" should be "Join"

Unless that's some cycling joke that us non-cyclists don't get :D 

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

The fonts are not parallel to each other. There might be some room to improve. (see image below)

attachicon.giflines.png

You could also adjust the kerning between the letters 'E' and 'S' on 'RIDES. The 'S' stands a bit off.

Other than that: Looking fancy! Good job!

Along this same train of thought, everything would also look better if the vertical edges were running straight up and down. As it sits now, everything appears to be rotated a little too much. Here's what I would do: layout all your text and other elements (the banner with the 20 & 13 [should that be 17?], underline strokes, etc.) horizontally, skew all that by like 10 or 15°, then rotate by the exact same degrees. 

I'd also recommend changing the line at the top to say, "Join us each week for a different ride." or "Join us every week for a different ride." I think people will understand what day it takes place by the giant "Sunday Rides" in the middle of the page. 

One last thing...for JokeRat. Why do you think CH is HELL? It's my favorite place on earth!  :P  :D  :lol:

@pxls2prnt: :D Well, sometimes even in Switzerland it's hell. ;P

Naaw, I love this place too. I just like the pun. :) Are you swiss too?

Am I Swiss too? At heart, yes! I have relatives that left Switzerland for the U.S. back in the early 1800s. 

While I was in school, I did some "study abroad" in Switzerland in June 2009 and June 2010. Easily the best summers of my life! We stayed at a hotel in the little town of Leysin, up above Aigle. Each day we'd catch SBB CFF FFS to different parts of the country. I've been fortunate enough to have seen and experienced things that many will never get to. I've been to Geneva, Zürich, St Gallen, Basel, Lugano, Zermatt, and dozens of other little towns and villages in-between.

The second summer I was there we headed up towards Grand St Bernard Pass on bus, got off just before the tunnel, and snowshoed the rest of the way up to the Grand St Bernard Hospice. We spent a couple of nights there. While we were there we got to put together the dog kennels in preparation for the dogs to come up from Martigny for the summer. Something I will never forget!

Man, I really wish I could take up residence there! I've never felt more at "home" than when I spent a day walking the paths along the lake from Vevey to Villeneuve. It was so peaceful and calm. I LOVED IT! I can't wait to come visit again. I'm hoping for summer of 2018.