You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Boudoir Affinity Photo Style (Please don't look if sexy offends you.)

hlarledge

Great job. I wish you could show how you did it. techniques

If you look closely and compare the two, I believe you can see how I used the following Affinity Photo tools:

I removed minor Noise and corrected the White Balance in the Develop persona, before moving to Photo.

In Photo, I used:

• Selections with Feathering
  • Adjustment Layers with Masks
  • Curves
  • Dodge and Burn (including a Color Dodge layer for hand-painting color adjustments)
  • Lighting (rendering)
  • Perspective Warp (I cut and paste to new layers small parts that might need resizing. It often looks more realistic in smaller areas than using Liquify.)

I did not need Liquify here, but I do use it often in Photoshop. This was my first start-to-finish image in AP, but there will be more. I am very happy with the results.

Thanks for describing the steps, its what I meant by asking to show the techinques

If you look closely and compare the two, I believe you can see how I used the following Affinity Photo tools:

I removed minor Noise and corrected the White Balance in the Develop persona, before moving to Photo.

In Photo, I used:

• Selections with Feathering
  • Adjustment Layers with Masks
  • Curves
  • Dodge and Burn (including a Color Dodge layer for hand-painting color adjustments)
  • Lighting (rendering)
  • Perspective Warp (I cut and paste to new layers small parts that might need resizing. It often looks more realistic in smaller areas than using Liquify.)

I did not need Liquify here, but I do use it often in Photoshop. This was my first start-to-finish image in AP, but there will be more. I am very happy with the results.

Lenovo core I7 6700HQ
8Gb Ram
Nvidia GTX 950 4 gb Memory

SSD 256Gb

HD 1TB 5400 rpm

thanks for sharing your approach!

the messed up white balance in the "before" picture actually makes the difference seem a lot bigger than it actually is

additionally I think the D&B on her face is not done very carefully, the lower part of the eye has lost any kind of structure and is just flat and at the transition towards the neck one can even see a clear cut where the dodging just suddenly stops.

and maybe use a flash or just get the exposure correct in first place to improve the actual image quality for a print or any larger publication 

hope this helps

cheers