ladislavsulc

AD - disappearing elements, union not working

Hi,

I have several problems that didn't change with any AD update. Precisely:

1. when resizing a vector, at some point the vector disappers - it is "still there" as a rectangle to transform, but it disappears
  2. same happens when groupping elements where ther are constraints or symbols inside - it disappears and moves out of the artboard somewhere else
  3. union on vector curves makes cpu load approximately 50% (AD) and doesn't work on a vector map (there is dozens of curves) - it just keeps showing the loader...

Nothing helps to make it visible and working again.

Thank you for looking into this. If you want me to provide videos, I can do that.

Best,

Ladislav

HI Ladislav

Unfortunately I am unable to get this to occur. I can resize an object for days and it is still visible. Is this happening with a particular object for you or do you get it with simple shapes also? The constraints issue is something that is already known to us as well as unions with a large amount of curves never seemingly resolving. Hopefully this can be sorted in the next major update. 

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Hi Ladislav

Thanks for the file. The group does not exactly disappear, it has something to do with the opacity setting being set to low on 9%. For some reason the vector crop is exacerbating the blend for the opacity making it appear much lighter. I shall have to investigate this slightly further. However you are able to work around this. Instead of applying the opacity to the parent group, select all the individual curves in the group (select the top curve then shift+select the bottom curve) then change the opacity to 9% so it is applied to the individual curves themselves. This should then look fine when you use the vector crop

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com