You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Character Design with - AP

Hello guys!

Just wanted to share a recent mascot design I made for my other design studio Insecto Design, using Affinity Photo. I've also included the preliminary pose sketches (made in AP too) so you can have an idea of the process. Hope you enjoy!

bees-finalsheet_zpscdt89upu.jpg

bees-sketches-001_zpsetvixuqm.jpg

SaveSave

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

Follow us on Instagram  |  Follow us on Twitter |  Like us on Facebook

Awesome character Frankentoon!

Nice to see you working the dimensional shading on this one. Designer and Photo are pretty capable digital painting apps.

Nice to see you working the dimensional shading on this one.

Yes, I was admiring that too! thumbup1.gif

It's interesting to note just how anthropomorphic Enrique chose to make his character, giving it two arms and two legs instead of the six legs that you usually expect to see on an insect. :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Yes, I was admiring that too! thumbup1.gif

It's interesting to note just how anthropomorphic Enrique chose to make his character, giving it two arms and two legs instead of the six legs that you usually expect to see on an insect. :P

Thanks Alfred! Yes, this way is more cheaper to reproduce in several positions and even cheaper to animate :)

• Frankentoon Studio - Tutorials and Resources for Designer, Photo and Publisher

Beautiful characters. The mouths caught my attention as their depth (as in 3-D-ish look) seems complex and likely requires a lot of work with each different facial expression. You have handled that really well. Take, for example, the boots. You can change those positions rather easily with minor shading adjustments. But the mouths cause a completely different adjustment between say a smile and a grin due to the depth of the cheeks, teeth, etc. Outstanding work!

By the way, I still haven't received one email even though I subscribed about 3-4 months ago. Is it alive and well?

Frankentoon - Tutorials and Resources for Affinity Designer

• Get Free Vector packs every 6 weeks - Subscribe HERE

Actually, you also manually added my email address after I let you know I didn't get the first installment. Still nothing. Just wondering.

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

By the way, I still haven't received one email even though I subscribed about 3-4 months ago. Is it alive and well?

Frankentoon - Tutorials and Resources for Affinity Designer

• Get Free Vector packs every 6 weeks - Subscribe HERE

Actually, you also manually added my email address after I let you know I didn't get the first installment. Still nothing. Just wondering.

Hey, thanks a lot for such nice comments I appreciate you've taken the time!

Regarding the email thing, I wonder if you received our latest eBook, Creating a Jungle Scene? I released that free eBook on January 27, I also released this FREE CONCEPT ART PACK the last december 24th

Cheers!

Hey, thanks a lot for such nice comments I appreciate you've taken the time!

Regarding the email thing, I wonder if you received our latest eBook, Creating a Jungle Scene? I released that free eBook on January 27, I also released this FREE CONCEPT ART PACK the last december 24th

Cheers!

Found the Jungle Scene in the forum posting but have not rec'd any emails about it or the Pack(s), even though my email is registered twice.

Loved the jungle scene and I used it to create a Tabloid-sized coloring page for the grand-kids. I used the assets to design a river-based jungle-scene and added additional animals similar to the tiger... giraffe, elephant and several monkeys. Then I turned it B&W so they could color it in. They loved it. Thanks for sharing it.

♥  WIN 10 AD & AP  ♥  Lenovo Legion Y520 15.6" Laptop

Do you feel there is a slight advantage using Affinity Photo for Digital Painting vs using Affinity Designer?

Thanks for asking!

Not really, for this particular project I just opened AP and made the first sketches there, then I refined them and finished the project inside AP without even notice that I wasn't in AD. For these kind of pure bitmap paintings I use either Photo or Designer in Pixel mode :) 

Found the Jungle Scene in the forum posting but have not rec'd any emails about it or the Pack(s), even though my email is registered twice.

I'll send a temporary link to that eBook ASAP. I have your email stored in my contacts.

Friggin' superb design. Top class. Loved seeing the sketches too. Great design, solid construction and expressions.

Man, you're good at this....

George

eejits: a curious collection o' creatures - www.eejits-online.co.uk 

SUPPORT eejits on PATREON. Exclusive Content & Rewards available! www.patreon.com/eejits

Get some awesome unique eejits merchandise at https://www.eejits-online.co.uk/shop

Friggin' superb design. ...

Thanks a lot George, you always come up with comments that makes one's feel at the top of the world! haha

Cheers bro!