Hello,

When I CTRL+Click in Designer (Windows) it always selects the deepest level in the hierarchy, so if I have a rectangle inside a symbol inside a group and ctrl+click it, it will select the rectangle. Is there a way to set the depth of this selection, so that it doesn't select the "insides" of symbols, or only selects up to the first child of a group?

Thanks,

Fernando

You can use Alt-click to cycle through a stack of objects, so Ctrl+Alt-click should work for nested objects. I don't think there's a way to target the first child specifically.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

Alfred's solutions seem to only work on the Layers panel, I got no results in the Artboard itself. Anytime CTRL is involved I get the last possible child of the selection, even inside symbols.

I'm sorry to hear that Ctrl+Alt-click didn't work on the artboard/canvas. As you may have gathered from my saying that it "should" work, I hadn't actually tried it out myself.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)