p10n

Designer: Masked images missing in lo-res exported PDF

I included some png images, and put them behind a rectangle to mask the image.

Then I export to a PDF - and some of these images (about 50%) are missing in the low-res PDF.

The same image not behind the rectangle has no problem, and a higher-resolution PDF also does not have a problem.

Looks like a bug, doesn't it? Or did I miss something?

(Rasterizing seems to cure the problem, but that fixes my resolution, makes the file less re-useable and it causes unnecessary re-rastering when I export to various resolutions for web/print.)

Attached is a sample file with two images that are missing, and the 2 pdfs I created (see settings in the export persona).

BTW the "rasterize" function seems to use quite a low resolution. I set the document resolution to 300dpi, but when I zoom in a bit it looks lower (?).

Test.afdesign

Test-Web.pdf

Test-Druck.pdf

Thank you Lee,

I tested the following:

Export to PDF for Web, disable Downsampling, disable Advanced Features --> problem remains (images missing).

Export to PDF for Print, enable downsampling (150 dpi), enable Advanced Features --> no problem (images ok).

Export to PDF for Print, enable downsampling (72 dpi), enable Advanced Features --> no problem (images ok).

Export to PDF for Print, Rasterize 72 dpi, enable downsampling (72 dpi), enable Advanced Features --> no problem (images ok).

Then I tried severeal other options (color model, color profiles, etc), it seems that whenever I start from the PDF (for Web) defaults, the images are missing, and whenever I start from the PDF (for Print) defaults, the images are ok.

And finally I tried:

Export to PDF for Web, enable Advanced Features --> no problem (images ok) !

However, this does not make sense to me, since some of the images work fine even without the advanced features.

Looks like a bug to me...

Any ideas?