Hi flexscan,

I've tried this myself and the file opens without a problem. Would you be able to do a Get Info on both the folder and the files you're trying to open please and attach a screenshot showing the expanded 'Sharing & Permissions' section of that dialog please?

Thanks!

@ Sean P: Judging from the screenshots provided by flexscan and Netzstecher's username, I believe both users are German and I assume they both use a German OS X version. Maybe there is a bug with Affinity Designer that affects foreign language OS X users or file sharing between different languages?

Could be worth investigating.

@ Netzstecher and flexscan: I've created a simpler file with only three basic shapes. Can you try opening this one and see if the same thing happens?

test_file_windows10enus.afdesign

Enjoying Affinity Designer on Windows 10. Check out my Bootstrap themes

I've tried the test-file, but I get the same errormessage: test_file_windows10enus.afdesign

Fehler beim Öffnen der Datei aufgrund fehlender Berechtigung. 

This sounds like a bug in Affinity Designer. Maybe someone from Serif can chime in?

The file was created with Designer 1.5.2.58 on Windows 10 set to English. Maybe someone else could create a file with the same setup and post it here for flexscan to try out?

Enjoying Affinity Designer on Windows 10. Check out my Bootstrap themes

Hi Flexscan,

It's recently come to light that this might be an issue that occurs when you have too many fonts installed - unfortunately this is a restriction from Apple and is out of our hands. Could you try significantly reducing the amount of fonts you have installed and then try again? 

On 5/8/2017 at 7:19 AM, Sean P said:

Hi Flexscan,

It's recently come to light that this might be an issue that occurs when you have too many fonts installed - unfortunately this is a restriction from Apple and is out of our hands. Could you try significantly reducing the amount of fonts you have installed and then try again? 

I discovered that for me, it is definitely a font issue. I can't go too much over 3500 fonts, somewhere around there. I'm testing how many causes files not to open or be saved. I had to do a clean install and forget the exact amount of fonts I had for Affinity to work well. As I wrote, I think it was under 3500, but not sure. I'm currently at 4850 and files won't open or save. As soon as I get to the exact number that allows Affinity to work without incident, I will share.

----------------------------------------
i am everything. i am nothing
therefore, i can be anything