You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

PDF Export: Set bleed manually

When exporting, you can only tick the box for bleed to be included. On an ongoing project, I need to export different formats with different bleed options, i.e. 1mm vs. 3mm bleed. I was used to set a global bleed of 3mm in Illustrator and change the value to my liking when exporting to PDF. With Designer I need to fumble with the document’s bleed in order to change to and fro with 1mm and 3mm. Allowing for setting a bleed size in export settings would save me time again, and make Designer a little niftier than it already is :) . 

eno,

I agree with you, this would be a welcomed addition to Designer. I'm guessing that they are thinking that bleed controls are something more for Publisher (which it would have to have) but it would be nice to have them in Designer too. I normally don't print directly from Designer, I normally put my work into a Page Layout program and print them that way so I didn't even know that you couldn't manually adjust the amount of bleed. For people who don't use a Page Layout program, it would be nice. 

Hokusai

Eno,

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but I was watching Affinity videos today and saw one regarding different artboard setups. You can choose to either copy the same settings, or create new document presets for each individual artboard (bleeds included). Might be helpful! 

https://vimeo.com/channels/affinitydesigner/189788828