You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nudge will keep elements in an art board

Hi devs!

I'd like to ask for a specific feature regarding art boards. In current versions, when nudging elements around in an art board with cursor keys (but with mouse and Move Tool as well), the elements are released from the artboard when being pushed too far beyond its boundary. At certain design tasks, like creating a large set of similar phone screens with partially hidden content, it's quite difficult to stay organized as the elements pushed beyond the screen boundaries "jump out of the art board" and gets somehow lost in the layers panel.

So here's the "simple" solution: make art boards behave more like a shape. When e.g. a rectangle contains some elements (texts, other shapes...), they are never kicked out of the rectangle in the layers panel, no matter whether they are completely off the boundaries of the rectangle (thus not visible on the screen).

I guess such a behaviour may be also configurable in Settings, if you prefer so.

Thanks for considering!

UX/UI designer, IT analyst & consultant, Business Architect at Cool Ticket (www.coolticket.co).

MacBook Pro 13'' Early 2015, 3,1 GHz Intel Core i7, 16 GB 1867 MHz DDR3, Apple Thunderbolt Display 27'' (2560 x 1440).