You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Support for Chromebooks planned?

I am planning on a chromebook. But I would hate to lose the ability to work in my favorite graphic designer applications, both Photo an Designer do comfort me a lot.

Do you plan on extending into the Chrome iOS world?

For me it would be fine to have an app-only solution sort of "reduced-to-the-most-popular" functionalities. On the road I am not so much into creating completely new art work, but just a little fiddling around with what I have.

And before one asks: yes, I have tried Vectr and this will NOT be a solution for me.

• Staff

Hi Peterkaosa,

Chrome OS has a very small user base. Google also have made clear they do not intend to release more Chromebooks for now (although you can still buy one from other manufacturers). So it all doesn't inspire much confidence. Doesn't the upcoming iOS versions fill that niche (mobility)?

Perhaps try Gravit instead? https://gravit.io

The tools are quite good. Inspired by the old Freehand. Runs in the browser, so works on a Chromebook.

If you need an inexpensive solution with access to pretty good design software on the road, you could also install Linux on a Chromebook as dual boot, and run Inkscape, Krita, Scribus, and so on. http://fieldguide.gizmodo.com/how-to-run-linux-on-a-chromebook-1785016045

• 3 years later...

So I searched on Google about support for my current Chromebook (Google PixelBook Go) which coming from the Apple Macbook Pro world, I'm in love with this PixelBook. I use Affinity Designer on my iPad Pro.

This feed is 3yrs old, any new support coming... maybe? 

I'm not interested in purchasing another laptop depending on the 14" coming next year from Apple.. It would be a break through in the industry if Affinity Designer decided to support Chrome OS. My 2014 Macbook Pro is so big it's not my go to anymore unless I'm doing music production or DJing. 

Full support for Affinity Designer for the Chrome OS would shock the industry. Do it!

• 1 month later...