You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows Keyboard with Affinity Shortcuts

rubs

Hi everyone,

I'd like to share with you a drawing I made that looks like a Windows keyboard. Some notes:

• I don't know exactly which tools are available to which personas, so please help me here. I'd appreciate very much if you posted it back with corrections.
  • I use the Brazilian keyboard layout, but it's pretty easy to edit it to whatever you like (US, AZERTY, etc.) and upload it here.
  • I made vector artwork for several missing tools. There are still some Pixel tools to do (smudge, blur, sharpen).
  • There are layers for the Pixel persona, the Slice persona, and the Text tool. Just make them visible.
  • I've color-coded the modifier keys in a different fashion than Affinity's original coding.
  • Several shortcuts are changed. I'd love it if someone posted the original ones in place.
  • There are symbols for the keys and a palette with global colors.

I hope any of you find it useful!

Windows Keyboard 4.afdesign

post-35651-0-53373700-1488758088_thumb.png

Nice :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if someone would review my drawing so it uses the default shortcuts, then make it available in general to Windows AD users. I may do that sometime myself, but unfortunately I don't have the time right now.

Anyone?

• 7 months later...

These cheat sheets are directly from the workbooks which is why I question if it's really okay to use. They are copyrighted and says that right in the workbooks.  Can someone please verify that it is okay to post these?

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

9 hours ago, MaryLou said:

These cheat sheets are directly from the workbooks which is why I question if it's really okay to use. They are copyrighted and says that right in the workbooks.  Can someone please verify that it is okay to post these?

I made the Windows Keyboard (the document in the first post) to be shared, so it's free from copyright issues -- if you remove the icons over the keyboard. Most (not all) icons were taken from Serif.

OH, I see.  There are two different threads going around about cheat sheets but they are different things.  I see that now.  Yours is an actual keyboard image and since you made and posted it,  Thanks for sharing!  Things like this are always very helpful.

The other thread with links to a cheat sheet has images of all the shortcuts from the back of the workbooks.  These are the ones I'm concerned. I don't want to pass around links unless I know it's okay to do so.  Thanks for clarifying this. 

Windows 10 Home
Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104
Affinity Photo 1.6.4.104

Looks fine, here is a virtual one for AD and AF, which also has been assigned with just those shortcuts found on the Affinity PDF files. - However, having a reusable list/table with all possible shortcuts listed for categories is still something needed and useful too here (the way Adobe offers).

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2