Dream Styles

Chris Van Cleve

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi Jack Meyers,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Yes, if you have an app able to unzip them. Files app (which comes with iOS) can't do it but FileBrowser for example is able to decompress the files to a new folder (inside a cloud service like Dropbox for example etc) so you can then import the unzipped file(s) from Affinity Photo/Designer. To import the unzipped files (styles), go to the Layer FX Studio, tap the Styles button on the bottom of the panel then tap the menu icon on the header (on top) and select Import Styles....

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Thank you for sharing.

I have FileBrowser, and downloaded one of the files.  As far as I know, I have unzipped to Google Drive, into a Dream Organics folder.  In AD I chose Import Style, and navigate to the folder, though it is ghosted and nothing happens when I try to select it.

I’m in unfamiliar territory here; not completely sure that I’ve unzipped it, but when I OPEN the file I see a lot of content.

I know you can’t see what I’m seeing, but does anyone have a clue ?  Thanks much

Reading the advice in page 4 of this thread....  I opened a Dropbox account, used FileBrowser to unzip, which created a file with the AFSTYLES suffix (insofar as I know the unzip worked).  I then copied the AFSTYLES file to my new Dropbox account folder.  I returned to AD, to IMPORT the styles from Dropbox.  When I attempt this using DROPBOX, it looks the same as when I used G Drive (the AFSTYLES is ghosted and not selectable).  The AFSTYLES file is 68 MB so I know there’s something there.  Any clues ?  From anyone ?

If I go the MAC route to UNZIP, and IMPORT into AD, - will the styles be present in the iPad version of AD ?

Thanks much !!!

I used my MAC to IMPORT the styles; worked like a charm.  But (isn’t there always one...), I’d really like to use my iPad for this as my iPad is so much more responsive than my MAC (on the spinning beach ball too much).

I answered my question in my prior post, the styles are now in the MAC version of AD, but not in the iPad (I didn’t really believe that magic would work).

If anyone has some suggestions for using the iPad to import styles (other than those on page 4) I’d like to hear it.

Thanks anyway.

Update, after I unpacked the styles on my MAC I stored them in iCloud, and went back to the iPad to see if I could import them, as I could visually see the files in their unzipped format.  I tried the import, but the styles are still ghosted and do not appear retrievable via import.

This leads me to believe that the procedure, as I understand the import function, is not do-able on the iPad.  A bug ?

If anyone knows different I’d sure like to hear about it.  

My intent is to use the iPad, and not the MAC for most of my art creation, though I do find the MAC version of AD somehow more robust 

JustRob

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I can't seem to edit the original post anymore, but I wanted to say you can find these exclusively at https://affinity.graphics now. The link to my company site will no longer work as of today.

Journey forth my friend, by body if needs be...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.14 beta || USB Keyboard, Wireless Trackpad, Wacom Intous 3 Tablet

• 1 year later...

@Patrick Connor  Since the original files were offered at no charge, are we permitted to post these styles files here?  Would be glad to do so, with Serif’s permission.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Thank you for your good intentions, but unfortunately (as far as I know), without the express permission of the original poster, I don’t think these files will be available again here.

It’s a topic that still draws new users, so I thought that maybe a mod can update the headline with a short heads-up, like “link not working”, until the OP comes back with a new download link (which is a big “if”).

All the best!

StudioLink 256gb 11’ M1 iPad Pro

iPadOS 17 Public Beta 1

iPad Magic Keyboard

On 4/25/2022 at 5:43 PM, iuli said:

... without the express permission of the original poster, I don’t think these files will be available again here.

It’s a topic that still draws new users, so I thought that maybe a mod can update the headline with a short heads-up, like “link not working”, until the OP comes back with a new download link (which is a big “if”).

The later (the whois check) shows that the domain ...

Domain Name: affinity.graphics
Registry Domain ID: 5cd38693981a437c9fbccf62fa87082f-DONUTS
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.tucows.com
Registrar URL: http://www.tucows.com
Updated Date: 2022-04-21T04:49:37Z
Creation Date: 2018-04-17T00:57:00Z
Registry Expiry Date: 2023-04-17T00:57:00Z
Registrar: Tucows Domains Inc.

... has just been updated a few days ago for another year. - So there are chances the ressources offered there might reappear.

Some other Affinity resources references can be found here ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

I discovered this topic just now and I'd love to have those styles. They are gorgeous. I don't expect the original creator to come back with a download link too soon, so I'd like to ask if anyone here has at least some of the styles downloaded on their PC and would like to share them with us (or at least with me, privately, if posting a download link here would be too risky).

Thanks a lot.