You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dream Styles

Chris Van Cleve

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Chris!

2019 MacBook Pro 16” | Affinity Designer 2 | Affinity Photo 2 | Affinity Publisher 2

2018 iPad Pro 12.9” | Apple Pencil 2 | Affinity Designer for iPad 2 | Affinity Photo for iPad 2 | Affinity Publisher for iPad 2

Years with Affinity: 5 ❤️ https://www.instagram.com/cealcrest/

FEATURE WISH LIST  Vector Mesh Tool    Shape Builder Tool   🥚True Vector Brushes   🥚Vector Pattern Fill  🥚Studio Link in All Apps

APP WISH LIST  Publisher   🥚2D Animation/Video

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Thank you, Chris! Very nice.

I have a general question... Where does Affinity Designer save the .afstyles? (I'd like to know this for backup purposes)

I can't find anything in ~/Library/Application Support/ where Photoshop and Illustrator etc. usually save their presets.

• Staff

Hi krislinus,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The object styles are stored here (along with other user presets/data:

Affinity Designer:

/Users/{your username}/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinitydesigner/Data/Library/Application Support/user/objectstyles.propcol

Affinity Photo:

/Users/{your username}/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support/user/objectstyles.propcol

• 1 month later...

Deleted wrong post.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

On 12/14/2014 at 6:39 AM, Chris Van Cleve said:

So, I fell in love with Affinity after about an hour of playing with it. I bought it and started bringing my favorite assets over from Photoshop and Illustrator, including some styles I have been using for years on my web projects. I thought perhaps others could use them too, so here they are with a bonus set of sticker styles.

Enjoy if they're of interest to you.  :D

UPDATE: New version 2.0! This time the gradients and strokes are tool editable. No more trips to the Effects Panel. This gives better and easier control of the styles.

BONUS: By request, 4 atmosphere styles. Included is the AD file with all styles applied for you to play with. Will likely only open in the latest beta. Sorry.

BONUS: Dream Metals styles! Aluminum, Gold, and Copper.

post-3504-0-34017700-1422228149_thumb.jpg

post-3504-0-48634700-1422152273_thumb.jpg

DreamStyles.zip

DSV Styles v2.zip

Dream Styles v2.afdesign

Dream Metals.zip

Dream Metals.afdesign

Hi @Chris Van Cleve thank you so much for sharing this resource.
Very useful

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• 3 months later...

I cannot do that! I am using an iPad Pro and when I try to import styles it takes me to my Cloud storage. If I save the style to Dropbox it doesn't have an option to open it in Affinity Photo. 

Are these only for Affinity Designer?? 

No these work fine in Affinity Photo as well. I haven’t used the iPad version but it sounds like you need to copy the file into the Affinity Photo folder on your iCloud Drive

Journey forth my friend, by body if needs be...

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2013), 2.6 GHz Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, OS X 10.14 beta || USB Keyboard, Wireless Trackpad, Wacom Intous 3 Tablet

• Staff

Hi SweetP,
Are you trying to open/import the zip file directly from Affinity Designer?
You have to uncompress its contents to a folder on your computer and move/copy the uncompressed folder to Dropbox. Only then you can import the .afstyle files directly from Affinity Designer/Photo on the iPad. If you only have the iPad available you have to uncompress the zip file using an app on your iPad able to uncompress zip files like the Stratospherix's FileBrowser or Readdle's Documents app.

I cannot do that! I am using an iPad Pro and when I try to import styles it takes me to my Cloud storage. If I save the style to Dropbox and uncompress them it doesn't have an option to open it in Affinity Photo on Export. 

• Staff

Hi SweetP,
How are you importing the .afstyle files? You have to do it from the FX Studio. Tap the FX Studio icon on the right of the interface, then tap the Styles button on the bottom of the Studio then tap the small menu icon on the top (in the header area) and select Import Styles.... Now select the afstyle file you want to import in the windows that will open and the styles should be added to the Studio.

I opened it with Zip Tool and then used Open With option in Zip Tool and choose Affinity Photo. It opened up Affinity Photo but brought up a message stating it could not be opened - it is not an Affinity file! (See my snapshot of the error message). 

If i try to Import through Affinity it only shows the option to choose files from my iPad or fun the Cloud...Dropbox is not available to get files. Now what do I do??? 

7E9D86F3-4FFF-4017-AFC2-30FE938C90DA.jpeg

• Staff

Please see my reply above. Seems you are trying to open/importing the .afstyle file as if it was a regular affinity document from the Welcome Screen. You have to do it using the FX Studio as i described in my previous reply. Here's a screen recording of the process:

I was finally able to get the style file to decompress using Documents and then imported them into Affinity :) Thank you for your assistance!

I have one other question : where exactly do I import gradients into Affinity? I know where the Styles and Brushes get imported from but I don't see where to import gradients. 

Thank you once again for the your assistance :)

• Staff

Hi SweetP,
Currently there's no way to import .afpalette files into the iPad versions. The only way is to create a regular affinity document on your Mac or PC computer, add a document palette to the document (through the Swatches panel, click the menu icon on the top and select Add Document Palette) then add the gradients to that palette you have created. Open this document on the iPad version and the palette you have created will be there accessible through the Colour Studio, Swatches button on bottom (then select the palette from the button/pop-up on top).

You're welcome :)