antonkudin

Can't type into slice name field

Field name becomes active on click but typing doesn't do anything and instead Photo behaves as if no text field is selected: tool shortcuts work etc.

After fumbling, using hand tool or zoom tool and clicking field again I sometimes can edit them. But it breaks the next time i try it.

Hi Antonkudin,

I've tried this myself using the following steps and it appears to work:

1. Start a new document

2. Head to Export Persona

3. Draw a slice out

4. In the Slices tab double click to edit field

I can successfully rename it.

Does this happen for you or is it limited to a specific file?

Doing the same, 4 doesn't work. Clicking the slice name two times, it becomes 'editable' but it looks like its missing focus and if i type i hear the 'unassigned key' sounds.

Restarting just now and doing the sometimes fixes it, sometimes its broken right after restart.

post-296-0-34233100-1488804221_thumb.gif

You can see in the gif i found a way to fix it once per field, temporary: erasing contents using Right click and Cut, then i can write something. Next field, its broken again. You can see fullscreen mode switching, because im typing F and thats my shortcut to fullscreen.

Thanks for that - from what I can tell you are also using separated mode - is that correct? I'll have another poke with it. It sounds like something you are doing prior to that might be causing it to break - if you can remember what you were doing prior to renaming that slice that may also help.

Thanks again.

I've reproduced it now. It looks like it only affects Separated Mode and you also need to have the cursor directly over the slice name's text and then click once to select the layer and then again to rename the object (but not as quick as a double click). Double clicking the name seemed to work everytime so that should allow you to work around it. I found that if the text is highlighted grey you can't type, but if its highlighted blue you can.

Does that make sense to you? I shall get it reported to development.

Yes, separated mode. Single click after pause or double click result in grey text. Hopefully this will be fixed.

Another issue (that can be related to input fields in general) is that clicking any number field selects the field to edit, puts a cursor in, but doesn't select the text. Meaning extra clicks or fumbling if you want to enter new value. If you click on middle of 100%, cursor goes somewhere between the numbers, and you have to either drag to select (again) or to cmd+a to select text or use cursor keys and delete. Anyhow it delays what i'm actually trying to do: get a new number into the field.

What I expect to happen is common in most apps that I've used: click anywhere in the number field, text is selected. Start typing number: text instantly replaced by new values.

Yes, separated mode. Single click after pause or double click result in grey text. Hopefully this will be fixed.

Another issue (that can be related to input fields in general) is that clicking any number field selects the field to edit, puts a cursor in, but doesn't select the text. Meaning extra clicks or fumbling if you want to enter new value. If you click on middle of 100%, cursor goes somewhere between the numbers, and you have to either drag to select (again) or to cmd+a to select text or use cursor keys and delete. Anyhow it delays what i'm actually trying to do: get a new number into the field.

What I expect to happen is common in most apps that I've used: click anywhere in the number field, text is selected. Start typing number: text instantly replaced by new values.

Do you have any examples of applications that do that at all? I've tried Photoshop and also Inkscape and they both act the same as we do. Double clicking the edit box instead of single clicking will allow highlight the field to replace all the text.