You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Right click on work area to see layer list

Hello.

I brought this up more than a year ago but the thread got lost when the forums were updated.

It would be a great usability improvement if we could have more options for selection layers in the work area canvas.

Right now when i select objects with the arrow. Sometimes the whole group is selected and sometimes the layer I want to work with gets selected. It's a little hit or mis..

When this happens I select a layer from inside the group in the layers palette. Now I can select as expected the individual layers inside the group but if I starting working with another group I loose the option to select the layers from another group. 

it kind of kills  the workflow when you can't select objects in  a complex multi group document. (which we usually work with). This is not an issue with simple documents with a couple of layer and no group layers. But as soon as you create one group layer  to start organizing content selecting layers is troublesome.

It would be a GREAT time  saver if we could right click on the canvas/work area and have all the layers that are available underneath the arrow/cursor and select it from here. I do this in Photoshop a dozen times a day without thinking to make selection of layers. Again another little thing that helps in the day to day work.

I'm attaching a screenshot to show what i mean.

post-9627-0-22669300-1488650815_thumb.jpg

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Instagram.com/soyfervelarde

This is how Sketch handles the same function. Picking a Layer by right clicking in the work area.

Very nice, shows a very clear hierarchy: Artboard, Group and Individual layers.

This makes working with complex documents and multi groups a breeze ...

No response yet....  :(

post-9627-0-64064400-1489252467_thumb.jpg

------------------------

Fernando Velarde

www.velarde.com

Instagram.com/soyfervelarde

• 4 months later...