You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is develop persona fully non destructive ?

Hello !

I have been told that "develop persona" cannot be considered a fully non destructive Raw treatment. If so, would it be wiser to start "develop persona" with a copy of the raw file ?

Best regards,

Gpzt.

If you save your RAW edits, it will save them to a .afphoto file. The original RAW in unaffected.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Thank you  Dave for this fast and unequivocal answer. That' s what I figured but I needed some reassurance. I purchased AP in January and believe me, the learning curve is quite steep with all those (excellent) tutorials in english for a newbie whose native tongue is french !

Best regards,

gpzt.

The Affinity Photo roadmap mentions "Non destructive Develop Layer" so it looks like there will be more non-destructive options in the future.

David Voth

Affinity Photo, Designer and Publisher ver. 2: macOS Sonoma and iPadOS 17