Happened when dragging a group out of a symbol.

An Unhandled Exception has occured and the application cannot continue. The Crash Reporter will be displayed after the application exits. Code: 0x80004003

Had to end the process to continue.

Hi Moefinley,

Does this happen everyime you drag a group out of a symbol or has it only happened the once? We've got some crashes logged with symbols so it could be similar to those.

Hi Sean

It's a dual monitor issue. I can drag a group out of a symbol if the layers panel is on my main monitor. If I move the layers panel to a second monitor and drag the same group it crashes.

Code: 0xC0000005

This was recreated with a new document. One symbol with two instances. The symbol structure:

-Symbol

-- triangle

-- group

--- square

--- circle

Dragging the group out of the symbol would cause the crash.

It's a dual monitor issue.

On reflection it might not be specific to dual monitor. It could just be when you have the layers panel detached from the application.

I would do more testing for you but I'm busy trying to finish designs in a buggy program  :P

Hi Moefinley,

I've just tried setting up a document as listed above and cannot reproduce it . Could you attach the file that you created that causes it please just to rule out an incorrectly set up file. I've also attached mine if you wish to try and reproduce it with that.

Also what OS are you using? I'm on Windows 8.1

Symbols.afdesign

Windows updated a few days ago.  Since then, I cannot open Affinity Designer.  It comes up with:

An unhandled exception has occurred and the application cannot continue. The crash reporter will be displayed after the application exits. Code: 0x80131534

I'm using Windows 7.

Hi Zorica3000,

Do you have a graphics tablet installed at all? If so could you try unplugging that and see if the software starts without it plugged in? Microsoft recently issued an updated .NET 4.7 which has been known to crash Windows 7 users with a graphics tablet. I believe they've fixed it so uninstalling the .NET 4.7 and reinstalling it should solve the issue.