sperl42

[Fixed] Selecting and renaming assets

Hello,

I love AD as it offers incredible graphics + construction power for an affordable price.

The zwo things I would like to report are no real errors, more flaws that diminish the fun

working with AD a little bit.

1. Selecting an asset does not generate any visual response. Only after opening the asset's

context menu draws a blue line around the asset. I think this is a bit confusing as I would

expect to get a visual response when selecting the asset.

2. When using the rename asset function the old name of the asset is not being shown

in the opening up text box. This is a bit confusing and uncomfortable. It would be good if

the text box would contain the old name.

(Renaming a section behaves as expected.)

Best regards,

Stefan Sperling

Hi Stefan,

Regarding point 1 this is intentional. The only time you need to be aware of the asset you have selected is when you display its context menu to rename or delete the asset - as you have said at this point you do see the selection. There is no other operation available on the Panel Preferences that you need an asset selected so we don't show that selection. When an asset is dragged out you do see the preview so don't requite a highlight to show what has been dragged.

Regarding your second point based on the behaviour of categories rename dialog this is a bug so I shall pass it on.