You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

For example, I have this two objects in my document: the logo one and text one, for example. Here's the pic:

I9tW9dq.png

I want to center logo relatively to text. First, I select logo. Then text. Then align center, and BAM!:

SyvICKY.png

The text one has moved too! Well, it's bad for me, now I need to move them both. Is there a way to lock position of object that I want center on?

Thank you for any help and sorry for bad English! Feel free to fix me.

• Staff

Hi Perfarator,

Welcome to the forum.

It's not possible to align objects using another's position as reference, further improvements are planned in the future. Once you have aligned them to each other, click on the Arrange dropdown and change Align to from Selection Bounds to Spread and click Done.

• 8 months later...

I want to get this thread to top for a bit, because at last we got with 1.6 some new aligning features! But, there is something I need to say: expanding panel right now has "last selected" option that works definitely as I requested on this thread, but non-expanding toolbar works on it's own, without any ability for define aligning mode for user.