You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

I would like to request that Affinity Photo and Affinity Designer can silently install without asking for email/product key. Then the email/product key will be asked on first launch.

I would probably have payed 200% of the price for a Linux version. But since Serif decided not to go that way, I'm using a virtual machine with Windows. The Windows evaluation reboots every 2 hours and expires after a month. I can automate the provisioning for rebuilding the VM for most things, but not for Affinity products.

To be fair, your individual circumstances probably aren't representative of most Affinity customers - hard to imagine then, that the developers would wish to make this request a priority.

I would probably have payed 200% of the price for a Linux version. But since Serif decided not to go that way, I'm using a virtual machine with Windows. 

Or - you could just use an operating system the software is designed to run on...

Keith Reeder

To be fair, your individual circumstances probably aren't representative of most Affinity customers - hard to imagine then, that the developers would wish to make this request a priority.

This is very customary. A silent mode for installation is so common that they probably had to remove it rather than not implement it.

In university we set up a lot of commercial software this way. It's called provisioning. You've probably never heard of it.

Or - you could just use an operating system the software is designed to run on...

I can do this? Wow, I wish someone had told me sooner!

Thanks for the pedantic suggestion.  :wub: