11 minutes ago, dann corbit said:

If I create a lensfun profile or find an existing lensfun profile, can I import it into the Affinity Lens Database?
I have lots of off-the-wall lenses like 7artisans and Kamlan and Yongnuo (I see you have two Yongnuo lenses and I have one of them, but I have several not in the list.).

I am interested in buying some fast lenses like Mitakon f0.95 (both DSLR and Mirrorless)  and maybe Kipon Ibelux 40mm.  But you don't have current profiles for those.

I found a tool to help create lens profiles, but I need to be able to use them in the Affinity program or I will find something else instead.

Right now, I am evaluating Affinity Photo, but I cannot find current instructions on how to import the profiles.

I see the file 

C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\Resources\lens-correction-data.dat

which I guess is the lens database.  If it is a SQL file like SQLite or something, I can import them myself.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forms.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/330446061

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 20H2 (19042.685),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop (2021-04-06):  32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1005 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1005 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1024 Beta

You're welcome.

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 20H2 (19042.685),
   Desktop: 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, GeForce GTX 970
   Laptop (2021-04-06):  32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz
, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU
Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1005 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1005 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.9.2.1035 and 1.9.2.1024 Beta

• 7 months later...
On 9/2/2019 at 4:19 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Yes, agreed it is not in the list, sorry. We hope this will be supported in a future version, but it depends to some extent on getting the required data.

There is a tutorial here on how to create the numbers for a lens but it's quite techy (or finding someone who has done this for your lens) and then importing that file via an option in the General section of Preferences.

In the tutorial they state: "“lens name” and “maker” must match exactly the spelling in the EXIF data". I have been able to create several lens profiles that load automatically in Develop Persona. One lens profile require a different lens name than the one in EXIF to load automatically.  For my last case I have been able to create a lens profile, with the same name as in EXIF, but it does not load automatically. I have also tested numerous lens names without success.

I would very much appreciate help to create the proper name, so the profile loads automatically.

Sorry, I will not be able to help with this at the moment, as the 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 releases have created a lot of support tickets. I can however report that we may be adding in 1.9.2 a process that allows users to load profiles more easily. Please check out the 1.9.2 beta when it is made available and I will provide more detailed information then

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 2/26/2021 at 2:20 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Sorry, I will not be able to help with this at the moment, as the 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 releases have created a lot of support tickets. I can however report that we may be adding in 1.9.2 a process that allows users to load profiles more easily. Please check out the 1.9.2 beta when it is made available and I will provide more detailed information then

Hi, I have now loaded the 1.9.2.227 beta. Would you please provide the details you mentioned above.