You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

11 minutes ago, dann corbit said:

If I create a lensfun profile or find an existing lensfun profile, can I import it into the Affinity Lens Database?
I have lots of off-the-wall lenses like 7artisans and Kamlan and Yongnuo (I see you have two Yongnuo lenses and I have one of them, but I have several not in the list.).

I am interested in buying some fast lenses like Mitakon f0.95 (both DSLR and Mirrorless)  and maybe Kipon Ibelux 40mm.  But you don't have current profiles for those.

I found a tool to help create lens profiles, but I need to be able to use them in the Affinity program or I will find something else instead.

Right now, I am evaluating Affinity Photo, but I cannot find current instructions on how to import the profiles.

I see the file 

C:\Program Files\Affinity\Photo\Resources\lens-correction-data.dat

which I guess is the lens database.  If it is a SQL file like SQLite or something, I can import them myself.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forms.

https://affinity.serif.com/en-us/tutorials/photo/desktop/video/330446061

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

You're welcome.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

• 7 months later...
On 9/2/2019 at 4:19 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Yes, agreed it is not in the list, sorry. We hope this will be supported in a future version, but it depends to some extent on getting the required data.

There is a tutorial here on how to create the numbers for a lens but it's quite techy (or finding someone who has done this for your lens) and then importing that file via an option in the General section of Preferences.

In the tutorial they state: "“lens name” and “maker” must match exactly the spelling in the EXIF data". I have been able to create several lens profiles that load automatically in Develop Persona. One lens profile require a different lens name than the one in EXIF to load automatically.  For my last case I have been able to create a lens profile, with the same name as in EXIF, but it does not load automatically. I have also tested numerous lens names without success.

I would very much appreciate help to create the proper name, so the profile loads automatically.

• Staff

Sorry, I will not be able to help with this at the moment, as the 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 releases have created a lot of support tickets. I can however report that we may be adding in 1.9.2 a process that allows users to load profiles more easily. Please check out the 1.9.2 beta when it is made available and I will provide more detailed information then

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

On 2/26/2021 at 2:20 PM, Patrick Connor said:

Sorry, I will not be able to help with this at the moment, as the 1.9.0 and 1.9.1 releases have created a lot of support tickets. I can however report that we may be adding in 1.9.2 a process that allows users to load profiles more easily. Please check out the 1.9.2 beta when it is made available and I will provide more detailed information then

Hi, I have now loaded the 1.9.2.227 beta. Would you please provide the details you mentioned above.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/6/2021 at 12:22 PM, etoivakka said:

I read from the faq that Olympus 30mm f3.5 macro lens correction added to v. 1.9.1 but unfortunately I can't find it in my desktop v. 1.9.2.1035 (Windows). Hopefully you can fix this.

If you're talking about this entry:

OLYMPUS M.30mm F3.5 Macro

I see it in 1.9.2 on Windows. Look near the top of the Olympus list in the Develop Persona's lens correction list:

image.png.17a2b6784c0cdc734686d46c06bc2d12.png

-- Walt
PC:

I read from the faq that Olympus 30mm f3.5 macro lens correction added to v. 1.9.1 but unfortunately I can't find it in my desktop v. 1.9.2.1035 (Windows). Hopefully you can fix this.

47 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

If you're talking about this entry:

I see it in 1.9.2 on Windows. Look near the top of the Olympus list in the Develop Persona's lens correction list:

image.png.17a2b6784c0cdc734686d46c06bc2d12.png

Oh yes. It seems that there is typo in the name. I think it should be

Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 30mm f/3.5 Macro

Now the system cannot recognize the lens automatically. Thank you for the help. I'm afraid that there is also typo in Olympus M.12-200mm lens.

IMG_20210608_211606~2-01_20210608213620627-01.jpeg

• 5 months later...
On 5/21/2021 at 2:44 PM, Rematix said:

It would be fantastic if support could be added for

Nikon Nikkor Z 35/1.8 and

Nikon Nikkor Z 70-200/2.8

Many thanks!

That is not how it works. You provide the raw samples and you upload them to the database. Start with Nikkor Z 35/1.8 because that one is easiest.

Take raw samples

You follow this tutorial: https://pixls.us/articles/create-lens-calibration-data-for-lensfun/

Tutorial in how to take minimum vignetting correction samples

After you had taken raw samples for distortion, tca and vignetting you upload them.

Generate correction data

Want correction profiles the same day?

If you want to generate distortion correction data, then do it with Hugin. This tutorial is really easy and it takes 5 minutes.

If you want to generate vignetting correction data from the raw samples you took before and don't have Linux? Use a Virtual Box in Windows/OS X and check this one

The print screen below is how far I came without any raw samples. If you just follow the 5 minutes distortion correction tutorial above with your 35 mm lens you could get distortion correction already today.

Skärmbild från 2021-11-09 15-46-40.png

Edited by Kameratrollet

• 4 months later...

Hi. 

To people waiting for lens corrections, and have a Mac.

Try to use Apple (Core Image Raw) instead.

This Raw engine had many lenses before "Affinity" had them (Nikon Z 24-70 F4, Z 14-30 F4) for example, works great.

1765307946_AppleRAW.png.9884d0a3563dfb0ebf696017d84e7eab.png

Tested and verified with Nikon software, images where 100% correct when overlaying 2 files developed in Affinity and Nikon software.

Good luck.

• 6 months later...