Pixel and Poly

[Fixed] Photo does not open TIF files saved from FITS files correctly

I have been doing some processing of astrophotography data. These files usually originate as FITS files which are the raw data files from the telescopes. I process the files using Liberator 3 which then saves the FITS files as TIF files (8, 16, or 32 bit). 

When I open the saved TIF files in Photo they have large rows switched around or have data that is off the page and missing.

When I open the same TIF file in Photoshop the files appear normal. I can then re-save the TIF files out of Photoshop and then Photo opens them correctly.

This is on Photo running on Windows 10.

Here is a sample TIF file that was saved out of Liberator. When I open this specific file in Photo the image is moved up off the document area and the top part is missing. I can post screen grabs of the errors if other people are not getting the same thing when opening this file.

Thanks for any assistance!

http://www.spacetelescope.org/projects/fits_liberator/

The file is an image of the Eagle Nebulae if anyone was wondering.

502nmos.zip

I also see this problem with the supplied file.  Ditto with Serif PhotoPlus X8.

However, opening and resaving it with Irfanview 64 bit allows AP to open this resaved version correctly.

Jeff

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

Unfortunately I am having the same problem. It seems that since March 1st, when this bug has been reported there has been no development.

Could you please inform us when this issue will be solved?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Thanks for your help with this bug. We have now resolved the problem and will make the fix available in the next Windows release.

Once the fix is available, please test other similar images so we can be sure this is fully resolved.