Sign in to follow this  
GeorgMir

Printing landscape A3 page turns out portrait instead

Hey there!

I'm enjoying Affinity Designer and still trying to get my head around different concepts. I've created a landscape document (A3 size) and expected it to print exactly in A3 landscape.

Alas, it turned out that the document is printed on A4 by default. This prompted me to activate "scaling to fit paper" and I picked A3. This time, the landscape document was scaled down to fit on a portrait A3 paper.

The only way to get my A3 landscape design to print on an A3 landscape paper was to switch the document back to portrait and turn my design 90°. This isn't very user-friendly though, because I want to have the document in landscape mode (of course).

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Georg

post-3484-0-91944200-1418382839_thumb.jpg

Hi Georg, sorry I can't help on this, as I only have an A4 printer, I just wanted to say how i was impressed with your infographic. Nicely done. Hope this gets resolved soon.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Georg, I also have the same issue. No way to change portrait/landscape in print settings and when scaled, I had the same results as you. I had to save as PDF and print that way for the desired results. Either a bug or something I'm missing here...

Just want to add my +1 to this - I am trying to print out designs as greetings cards - so I am working in landscape view - but need to rotate print to portrait for it to go through my printer.

Is there something I am missing from a recent update - otherwise the workaround to rotate the page and then the elements will have to do for now.

Cheers!

Has this issue been resolved in some way?  I am trying to print on 3x4" label printer, and all portrait images work fine- landscape images print 90 degrees off no matter how the portrait/landscape or fit/scale are manipulated.

I can confirm that this issue has something to do with artboards. I have a document with several portrait layout artboards and when I print it rotates them and prints a scaled down landscape orientation.

The only way I was able to print correctly is to export the pages as an image file and open in Affinity Photo and then print them.

Really frustrating.