You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nudge Distance Box on Tool Bar

Corel has always had a feature that let you literally customize the user interface down to the nitty gritty, because of this, i have found putting certain tools or settings in certain locations can create some real time savers.

One such time saver i have used for a long time is adding the nudge distance text box the top menu for instant access to distance adjustments when arrow tools are used to nudge objects, nodes, segments, etc.

Being able to adjust the nudge distance (arrow tool movement increments) on the fly while never leaving your selection or entering sub menus makes editing small exact distances super easy. Just by typing a number into a tool bar (increments would be determined by default ruler used in document settings, pixels or inches), you can change your arrow taps from an inch, to .001 inches, while never leaving your selection.

This could be a good addition to the content aware menus of the move and node edit tools for sure.

Chime in if you think this would be useful.

Art director by day, illustrator by night: Check Out My Shutterstock Gallery

• 1 month later...

I don’t think so. A customizable distance is however quite important. I believe at the moment nudging is always in 0,1 pt respectively 0,5 pt with shift key. Whatever the values are, they are of little use for me, since I normally prefer a nudging distance 0,1 mm respectively 1 mm.

Speaking of numerical values I’d also like to have a numerical coordinate readout of any tool in the context toolbar – I suggest left of anything else that lives there.