You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

34 minutes ago, PixelPest said:

Does it makes sense to you?

I am not sure if any of it makes sense.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

16 hours ago, PixelPest said:

Simple double the top shape before Boolean add. I hope the toolset with the iOS version is identical as I made a starter file with the desktop version I have - saved with history enabled so you can follow my quick steps:

Key.afdesign

Hope this helps.

Cheers

PS: selecting a locked pixellayer during Boolean operation will delete it - which in most case isn´t wanted - so I guess it´s a bug - I will use it as a feature in the future though. ;-)

thanks for the uploading the file. 

On 8/6/2019 at 11:38 AM, PixelPest said:

Then let me help you: incorporating any locked object into Boolean operation is nonsense to me. Otherwise the lock is breached and/or just decoration.

As you know, in Affinity locks only prevent accidental selection of locked items on the canvas -- they can still be selected in the Layers panel. So to that extent, the lock is not "breached" if you include a locked object in a selection made on the Layers panel.

The rest of it, particularly deleting a pixel layer (locked or unlocked) that is part of the selection, makes no sense to me.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 10 months later...

double joint when joining 2 nodes 

I read the thread and I haven seen an answer to this;

I snap together 2 nodes select then and press join, 

results: 

sometimes 1 node 

sometimes 2 overlapping nodes that looks like one until you realize they never fuse only connected with a very short line 

how do I get always only one node ?

• Staff

Hi Estalfos,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
If you have Snap to geometry of selected curves enabled in the Snap section (Node Tool) or Align to nodes of selected curves, the nodes of the curves should snap and produce a clean join when you join them (the node will turn yellow when they snap successfully). It's possible a few specific cases may fail - if you encounter one please save the file (just the two curves is enough) and create a new thread in the adequate Bugs section for us to log/pass the file to the dev team to be checked.

join_curves.gif

• Staff

Hi Estalfos,
You are doing everything correctly. Seems to be one of those cases where it's failing. Do you mind attaching the document with these two curves you are trying to join please (you can delete all the rest if you want). I can also provide an upload link if you wish to keep the file private. Thanks.

4 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi Estalfos,
You are doing everything correctly. Seems to be one of those cases where it's failing. Do you mind attaching the document with these two curves you are trying to join please (you can delete all the rest if you want). I can also provide an upload link if you wish to keep the file private. Thanks.

Ok that would be awesome.

Here is the file containing only the outline curves I was trying to cleanly fuse together.  This are 1/7 scale clothing patterns, and I need them cleanly jointed in order to make the seam allowances faster by expanding the strokes, which also some times result into bent in nodes, rounding corner or making spikes in.  I think they are related. Included both in file. 

Test issues.afdesign

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I just tried it after reading the early entries to this topic.   I found if i hold the two points together, it LIGHTS UP, and then hold a bit more and it WELDS them together.  That worked!  ya its a neat little animation they built into it.  awesome  Im using v1.7.2

Edited by artwork8329

• 3 months later...