You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paste-to-Pointer option

I've never used GIMP or Photoshop, so I don't know how common this feature is, but how about an option in the Edit drop-down (and also the right-click context menu) for Paste To Pointer. This would be useful in both Photo and Designer. The software I've always used it in was Corel PhotoImpact X3, and it has become a great convenience to me. Having the copied object attached to the pointer helps me when I'm zoomed in to an area where the original copied object is not located (saves having to zoom out to pick up object, move to the needed location, and then zoom in to paste precisely). It's also convenient having the object already attached to the pointer and, therefore, faster.

Both options are convenient. Pasting in place of last position is good for re-organizing layers and clipping, and pasting in place of the cursor is good for quick repositioning. To do what you want to do, you can drag the object partially or fully off the canvas, and then cut or copy. Then pasting will past the object to the cursor. But still having to drag can get annoying, so I do agree with this feature as long as the other option is still accessible. I use it quite a lot.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!