You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello

In Photoshop I have an action that uses the Fit Image automation (File > Automate > Fit image).

What this does is scale the image until both dimensions are within user defined dimensions.

Example: I define that all imagens should be reduced to fit 1200x1200px, independent of their original sizes or proportions. The Fit Image automation will scale the images so that the largest dimension of the image will become 1200px, keeping the ratio of the original image dimensions.

This is extremely useful when processing large quantities of imagens for e-commerce that need to fit a specific size.

So my question is if there is already this functionality in Affinity photo?

If not, can anyone suggest a way of doing this that could be run as a macro?

Thank you

Macbook Pro // M2 16GB // Ventura 13.2.1 

• 11 months later...

I have this same question since I'm investigating going away from Photoshop and it's subscription model.

In my batch processing, I like to resize photos independent of their orientation (portrait or landscape).  In photoshop, this is done via File/Automate/Fit Image.

For my macro, I:

1. Resize to 4x6
  2. Save 4x6-Print folder
  3. Resize to 640 (for web)
  4. Add a copy-right water mark
  5. Save to "Web" folder

Is there a way to resize images in Affinity in this same way independent of their orientation?

(Please don't point me to a page with 100s of tutorial videos, I only have 10 days of a trial period to figure this out.)

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

• 1 year later...