You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving from Photoshop. Wishes, bugs, plugins

Hello. Now testing AP for my professional retouching job. Have some questions:
1. Paint Mixer Brush. How can I make it "auto clean"? I can see "auto load" option, but for retouching purposes  auto clean is very needed! To click "clean brush" after each stroke is pain.
2. Frequency Separation as a filter is amazing feature! But I need copy of each layer to work on them. And I need clipping mask option for layers. Is there any same thing in AP?
3. And MAIN QUESTION - Imagenomic Portaiture plugin. I'm using it everyday for blurring low frequency layer. It quite nice for this operation. I added plugin's directory to list and it even starting. I can see it's interface but... nothing works. New layer with mask - nothing happend. Just new layer - nothing. And when I tried to apply it to current layer - AP hangs up.
So.. what about this plugin? It's very famous and usable. As famous as Nik software plugin pack. 

That's all for now. Continue testing..

post-53082-0-45473500-1488101898_thumb.png

post-53082-0-27941400-1488102044_thumb.png

post-53082-0-46823200-1488102047_thumb.png

• Staff

Hi darklion84,

Welcome to the forums.

Currently the Paint Mixer Brush doesn't have an auto clean feature, it has been requested and may be added in the future. To nest an adjustment, filter etc to a single layer (only affects that layer), drag the adjustment over the thumbnail of that layer in the Layers panel. The Imagenomic Portraiture plugin may not work at the moment, however as our plugin support is always under development it may not be long before it does.

Hi darklion84,

Welcome to the forums.

Currently the Paint Mixer Brush doesn't have an auto clean feature, it has been requested and may be added in the future. To nest an adjustment, filter etc to a single layer (only affects that layer), drag the adjustment over the thumbnail of that layer in the Layers panel. The Imagenomic Portraiture plugin may not work at the moment, however as our plugin support is always under development it may not be long before it does.

Hi Lee D,

Thx for answer! So.. I can't fully work in AP until Portraiture support and autoclean option. But I beleive you'll do it. But trial period is ending.. So what should I do? I need to know somehow when you'll add thouse solutions, try them and ather that if all is ok - I will want to buy AP. 

Will I have another trial period atfer sometime? Or I have it just once right now?

BTW, my workspace (panels, etc..) is resetting every time I start AP. Is it normal?

And I can't switch between group of instruments. I.e. I take some brush (in "J" menu) but not the first one. Works with it. Then take i.e. clone stamp. Work with it. And then I press "J" and expecting same brush I used before. But! I always have healing brush! Not the last brush! Very annoing..

darklion84,

You can change the keyboard shortcuts to eliminate the brush cycling, but as far as I know the toggling between the Move & last other tool used can't be changed.

The panels should not reset every time you restart, although there seems to be a bug in the Mac version that always makes the left side Macro panel tabs reappear on launch. I work around that by setting the unshifted tilde key to hide the left side Studio panels.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7