visiono

Realistic Portrait Composites

To me the background is really distracting. The model must demand the full attention.

Don't put her in de middle of the picture.  Use the rule of thirds to position her on a strong line.

The attached GIF-file shows what I mean.

post-48962-0-44658100-1488227233_thumb.gif

Affinity Photo  1.7.1.404 

Windows 10 Home v 1809 (build 17763.437) - 64 bit processor - AMD A4-5000 APU with Radeon HD Graphics  1.50GHz - RAM 8,00 GB
Calibrated Monitor (Datacolor Spyder5 Pro)

I would like some feedback on my composites.  The idea is realism.  Does it look like a composite or no at first glance?

I'm afraid not. You need to do some more work on the hair, particularly on her left side (i.e. on the right as we look at the picture). The outside edge of her left arm also needs some refinement.

I agree with HVDB Fotografie about the "rule of thirds", but since you're aiming for realism I wouldn't desaturate the background.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367 • Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.0.135 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.7.0.9 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hello visiono,

Realistic Portrait Composing?

Some things that are important:

1, Same light color, I do not see in your picture.
2. Same illumination strength, I see in your picture synonymous not.
3. Same light and shadow direction, is okay.

What is to blame, the absolutely bad background, which is almost a monochrome picture.
The rule of thirds, which was addressed you can also conclude.
Yes and lastly, the subject should also be properly incorporated into the background such releases on the hair makes equal a whole composing broken.

Pollux

Hello visiono,

Here is a quick try, what causes the background.
Of course, a background can also be abstract but this background causes a lot of problems.

Pollux

example

post-41396-0-39328000-1488307156_thumb.jpg

post-41396-0-61167600-1488307163_thumb.jpg

Try to match the saturation of the foreground and backgourn and the light color; adding a realistic lighting layer and noise over both layers will also help 

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra