You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Problem with HDR from equirectangular images

Hi,

I have tried to make an HDR image from 3 equirectangular images ( 360x180 panorama - stitched from AutoPano ).

Problem: I got a line on the final image due to a difference between the pixels from the left and right sides.

Is there a way to tell Affinity that the image is a 360 pano, in ordre to force the pixels from left and right sides to share the same values? - for example, the same way Photomatix has a checkbox... - 

The funny thing, is that issue does not show up always...

Any suggestion?

Thank you.

post-52745-0-08376000-1488055519_thumb.jpg

• Staff

Welcome to the forum jvouillon :)

This can be easily fixed by adding a Brightness/Contrast mask to the section of the image that is slightly lighter. You can then use the InPainting brush to remove the line between the images.

Feel free to attach the original image(s) to this thread for us to help you further.

• 2 weeks later...

Since Affinity already knows about equirectangular projection it would be nice if it does HDR merging and other operations not only across the 360° seam but across zenith and nadir, too. Is this planned for a future version or does it work already? To my knowledge this would be the first image editor to do this...

• 2 years later...