You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Replace Space With - (Dash) in File Name While Exporting Image - Affinity Photo

Hello,

I am very new to Affinity products. As I have used Photoshop my entire life and I recently switched to Affinity and I am loving all the great features.

This is a small feature but very useful while saving photos for web. There should be an option to enable or enabled default to automatically replace space with - (dash) in the file name while exporting images for web like photoshop does.

Thank You

• 5 years later...
27 minutes ago, _Th said:

This post is five six (math is hard 🤪) years old, and was never responded to? Assuming this is still not available. Where Affinity is failing, to me, is workflow. How I wish they understood.

Serif doesn't respond to every suggestion and feature request but they do read them.

I never knew that Photoshop had this feature, I've always changed all my underscores to spaces or vice versa using the macOS Finder's Rename command. For Mac users who haven't done this before, just select all the files you want to rename, click the ... control, and choose Rename. Replace underscore with space or vice versa. It's also great for making jpeg/jpg consistent. I 

image.png.e2a3a1701c0a8b6fd4bb4a97b5d52106.png

Cheers

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

On 1/13/2023 at 1:44 PM, MikeTO said:

never knew that Photoshop had this feature, I've always changed all my underscores to spaces or vice versa using the macOS Finder's Rename command

That is good that Mac has that option. As a Windows user, it doesn't help although there are plenty of tools that can do the same and more.

But ... it's still a pain in the butt compared to the tried-and-true, and completely logical, Photoshop default. Can't stress enough how much the workflow slowdowns like this keep me from using Affinity exclusively. I get it: Smaller company, less expensive product. But the things I've seen don't require massive manpower to accomplish. They do, however, require 'professional' knowledge and experience working with the (sadly) industry standards.

It's hard to see a collection of 'little things' hinder such otherwise great work—especially when they've been pointed out ad nauseam.